The following notes apply to the original Zipit Wireless Messenger
In compliance with the GPL, we are pleased to provide our modifications to the Linux ARM Kernel, as well as the Agere Wireless Driver.
Additionally, if you would like a CD-R of our modifications you may send a written request to:
|Zipit Wireless, Inc|
|101 N Main St #200 Greenville, SC 29601|
|Attention: Customer Care - GNU/Linux Source Code Request.|
You will be charged a $25 fee for reproduction, shipping and handling costs, as allowed by the GPL. Make sure that you include a bank certified check for $25.00. Otherwise, you can download the code for free from below:
Zipit Wireless Messenger Release 1.00-2.xx
- Kernel Base Source: (can be obtained anywhere)
- Patch 1: (can be obtained anywhere)
- Aeronix Patch:
- Download Below 1
- Wireless Driver Base Source: (can be obtained anywhere)
- Generic Agere Wireless Driver
- Linux LKM Wireless Driver Source Code, Version 7.22
- Aeronix Patch to Pre-Release Wireless Driver:
- Download Below 1
- busybox-1.00-pre1 (can be obtained anywhere)
- uClibc-0.9.15 (can be obtained anywhere)
- glibc-2.2.5 (can be obtained anywhere)
- wireless_tools.26 (can be obtained anywhere)
Other: (non-GPL code)
- Audio Driver2
- Zipit Application2
Note: The Zipit wireless driver patch was made to a pre-release version of the Agere driver provided to us under NDA that we are prohibited from releasing. We have included a patch file for the pre-release version of the driver that can be used as a starting point. Good Luck!
Note 2: If you wish to OPT-OUT of future automatic updates for the original Zipit Wireless Messenger releases, send an email with your OSN# AND MAC address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that once you OPT-OUT, you cannot OPT back in.
- 1Available on this site for download
- 2Copyright (c) 2003-2007 Zipit Wireless, Inc.
Updated November 26, 2007
The subversion repositories are available for anonymous access at:
To check out:
- svn co http://linux.zipitwireless.com/svn/z1kernel
Write access is granted to registered members