Table of Contents
Open Source Projects
- U-Boot Bootloader port for Z2 (a replacement bootloader for BLOB, supporting more functions like booting from MMC card etc.)
- Z2 Mainline Linux kernel development (contains important links to related blogs!)
- Information on preparing a Debian rootfs for ARM-based device (Z2 is ARM-based device).
- Getting started with OpenEmbedded (lightweight metadistribution for embedded devices).
- Z2 Shell environment
- Improved Z2 Shell (IZ2S) is an expansion to the Z2 Shell (providing a graphical web browser, music player, and more).
- EZ2S Enhanced Z2 Shell is an enhancement to IZ2S (above) with graphical (dialog based) wifi setup, powermanagement utilities plus various other tweaks and changes.
- Z2 Links Web Browser (non graphical)
- Links2 Graphical Web Browser (utilizes directfb)
- Quick Z2 MPlayer port
- Quick Z2 Doom port
- Z2 CenterIM (multi-protocol instant messenger) port
- Z2 ALSA sound driver, and utilities port (also contains mpg123)
- Z2 cmus (mp3, ogg, and streaming radio player) port (requires ALSA, from above)
- 4tH (Forth compiler/interpreter) for the Z2 running Z2Shell/IZ2S/IZ2Se/EZ2S
- Chip list (contains list of chips, connections and datasheets where available)
- More information on the chips
- Internal pictures of the device
- JTAG pad map and information about connecting JTAG to Z2
- Serial port pad map and information about connecting Serial port to Z2 (PXA STUART).
- GPIO configuration can be found here.
- Information about OpenEmbedded/Angstrom? and Z2 can be found here.
- Scratchbox development environment for the Z2
- Programming audio for the Z2 (deprecated in mainline kernel)
- Preliminary development with SDL on the Z2
- Z1 Kernel Software
- Z2 Kernel Software
- Replace a broken charger plug on the AC adapter (electronics shack parts list)
- Replace a broken Z2 power jack on the Z2 Motherboard (digikey part number)
- PDF diagram of key combinations utilized by common userlands
- Zipit Z2 Keyboard code diagram For the convenience of those who wish to write their own keyboard maps.
- BatteryWarning Beware exhausting the internal battery with a system running, may corrupt the SD card
About Zipit Wireless Inc.
Zipit Wireless Inc. is a Greenville, S.C.-based developer of consumer electronics. The company focuses on wireless communication and entertainment devices that leverage the Internet and the explosion of Wi-Fi networks, while removing the dependency on the family computer. Zipit Wireless' newest product, the Z2, was awarded DigitalLife 2007 Best of Show for portable devices. For more information about Zipit Wireless Inc. and the Z2, visit www.zipitwireless.com.
A special thanks to Martin (magon) for his help in customizing this site. Well done.
- Zipit Trademark Guidelines - Final.pdf (45.5 kB) - added by drmikecrowe on 01/01/08 21:51:29.
- ZipitDPA-final.pdf (448.8 kB) - added by drmikecrowe on 01/31/08 09:48:53.
- zipitkb.svg (55.6 kB) -
Zipit Z2 Keycodes, added by pkovac on 02/18/12 15:18:23.
- elliptical.png (114.0 kB) -